Friday, February 26, 2010

it's hard, but it's real

Okay, I actually had another thing I planned to post, but I just opened one of my forums and someone had shared this link, and now I want to share it too.

Mothers to me are a special kind of hero. I know mine was a beautiful one. I'm grateful to many of my friends who've shared their experiences with motherhood with me. It used to feel so alien to me, like I couldn't even entertain the possibility of it happening to me. But now I look forward to when it happens and hope it happens soon :)

That being said, there are also mothers who face extraordinary challenges, more so than others. But I've always been a believer in the more challenging something is, the more you realize how much you are loved. And that is what is truly inspiring about this story--the love.

I also realized that many times what can be truly inspiring are the moments when you are real. I don't know Kelle personally, but what she has shared here is very, very real. You cannot help but feel it. And even more, I want to cheer her on, and love her just as her family and friends love her.

Read on for Kelle's story of her Nella Cordelia's birth :) And um, keep tissues handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment